***Note: The following settings may or may not work with your old software running in Vista.
Due to Vista’s architecture, software running on Windows 98. 98 SE and XP may not be compatible with Vista.
As a workaround, you can try to right-click on the application shortcut. Then
- select “Run as administrator”, OR
- select "Properties" > "Compatibility" tab, enable the following settings as shown below and click "OK".
Alternatively, you may want to turn OFF "User Account Control" (UAC). You can do so by going to:
- Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off
- Uncheck “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer”.
You must reboot your system to effect the changes.
- ** Note: Please note your system's security is lowered by turning OFF the UAC
How to make old software work in Windows Vista?
Windows Vista Tip
Wiodows Vista FAQ