John 15 - The Vine and the Branches
1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
|My Life is in You, Lord – Chords and Lyrics |
Written by: Daniel Gardner
4/4 Key: G Major
My life is in you, Lord
I will praise you with all of my life
|FREE bible on iPhone||FREE bible on Pocket PC|
Christmas promotion is coming! Want to pamper yourself or your love ones with a mobile phone, Pocket PC or iPhone? One factor you might want to consider when buying a gadget is: whether it supports FREE bible software; yes, God's gift - bible - is freely given :)
I have tested a couple of FREE bible software on PDAs. My favourite software are: "Go Bible" and "e-Sword". This article here compares the bible software that run on different types of PDA (Mobile Phone / Pocket PC / iPhone). Note that this is only a guideline; the functionality of the software varies in different models. It is highly recommended that you test it (or do market research) before you purchase the PDA.
The table here indicates whether the FREE bible software (Go Bible or Pocket e-Sword) is supported in different types of PDAs.
KJV, UKJV, CUV, NIV
Many translations, commentaries, daily devotionals, dictionaries.
Java Mobile Phone
NIV bible available
Paid NIV bible available
|iPhone||The best overall choice: iBibleSpace
Next best overall choice: iBibleZ.com
The best for multiple translations: 3onesix
The best for study: The NET bible
If you ask me to choose only one of the above gadgets, I would prefer mobile phone because I find Pocket PC and iPhone too bulky to put in my pocket. However, as the screen is relatively small, you might find it difficult to read.
Some of my friends like Pocket PCs; they don't mind it is a little bigger than mobile phone. The plus about Pocket PC is that it supports both Go Bible as well as Pocket e-Sword. On top of that, it allows you to edit Mobile Office documents (i.e. Mobile Word, Mobile Excel) that can be transferred to/from your desktop PC. Do note that the user interface is NOT as good/intuitive as iPhone.
iPhone is the all time favorite if you have budget. But bear in mind that many software requires connection to Internet. Hence, it will be very useful only if you subscribe a data plan to surf Internet. Hence, it is a rich man gadget :) I am NOT ;p If you are VERY rich, buy ALL and give one to me :)
Free free to post your comments to share with us :) Give me a five stars if you feel like it. ;)
This article describes how to install Free “Go Bible” on a Windows Mobile 6.1 Pocket PC. The “Go Bible” has been tested in Pocket PCs such as Sony Ericsson X1 and HTC Touch Diamond. The software can display English bible. However, for Chinese bible it displays strange characters instead of the Chinese characters. If you manage to make the Chinese characters displayed successfully (e.g. by installing certain software), it will be nice if you can share with us.
"Go Bible" Features:
- Christ's Words in red
- SMS bible verses
- Coloured themes
- Fast search
- NIV version is available.
Installing “Go Bible” as a Java application is no different than installing any Java game or other application.
The following are the main steps to install Java application on a Pocket PC.
- Step A: How to download “Go Bible” (i.e. Java application, .jar file) and unzip.
- Step B: How to copy the files (e.g. KJV.jar) from the computer to the Pocket PC.
- Step C: How to install the Java application (.jar file) on the Pocket PC.
- Step D: How to run the "Go Bible" application.
The above tasks are described in details as follows.
Step A: How to download “Go Bible” (i.e. Java application, .jar file) and unzip.
- Download the software to your computer.
- Click here for KJV (King James Version) and CUV (Chinese Union Version)
- Click here for NIV (New International Version). Files: NIV.jar, NIV.jad
- FREE! grab it now before these files disappear from the Internet.
- Click here for Updated KJV
- Written in more modern English. Easier to read.
- More about UKJV. How was it updated and translated.
Step B: How to copy files from your computer to a Pocket PC.
- Connect the Pocket PC to your computer with the USB cable. If necessary, install the following Microsoft software that transfers file from your computer to Pocket PC.
- After a while, the above software will display that your Pocket PC is "Connected" to your computer.
- At your computer, launch "My Computer". Navigate to "Mobile Device". You should be able to view your Pocket PC folders "My Windows Mobile-Based Device" as shown in the following snapshot.
- Navigate to "My Documents". Refer to the snapshot below.
- Copy and paste the files (downloaded in Step A) to the folder "My Documents".
- Unplug the USB cable.
Step C: Install the Java application (.jar file) on the Pocket PC.
After the file (e.g. UKJV.jar, KJV.jar) has been copied on the Pocket PC. You are now ready to install the Java application.
The following is the video that shows you how to do install the Go Bible on the Pocket PC.
- At the Pocket PC, go to "File Manager".
- Navigate to the "My Documents" folder that contains the file (e.g. UKJV.jar)
- Tap on the the file (e.g. UKJV.jar) to install it.