This article describes how to install Free “Go Bible” on a Windows Mobile 6.1 Pocket PC. The “Go Bible” has been tested in Pocket PCs such as Sony Ericsson X1 and HTC Touch Diamond. The software can display English bible. However, for Chinese bible it displays strange characters instead of the Chinese characters. If you manage to make the Chinese characters displayed successfully (e.g. by installing certain software), it will be nice if you can share with us.
"Go Bible" Features:
- Christ's Words in red
- SMS bible verses
- Coloured themes
- Fast search
- NIV version is available.
Installing “Go Bible” as a Java application is no different than installing any Java game or other application.
The following are the main steps to install Java application on a Pocket PC.
- Step A: How to download “Go Bible” (i.e. Java application, .jar file) and unzip.
- Step B: How to copy the files (e.g. KJV.jar) from the computer to the Pocket PC.
- Step C: How to install the Java application (.jar file) on the Pocket PC.
- Step D: How to run the "Go Bible" application.
The above tasks are described in details as follows.
Step A: How to download “Go Bible” (i.e. Java application, .jar file) and unzip.
- Download the software to your computer.
- Click here for KJV (King James Version) and CUV (Chinese Union Version)
- Click here for NIV (New International Version). Files: NIV.jar, NIV.jad
- FREE! grab it now before these files disappear from the Internet.
- Click here for Updated KJV
- Written in more modern English. Easier to read.
- More about UKJV. How was it updated and translated.
Step B: How to copy files from your computer to a Pocket PC.
- Connect the Pocket PC to your computer with the USB cable. If necessary, install the following Microsoft software that transfers file from your computer to Pocket PC.
- After a while, the above software will display that your Pocket PC is "Connected" to your computer.
- At your computer, launch "My Computer". Navigate to "Mobile Device". You should be able to view your Pocket PC folders "My Windows Mobile-Based Device" as shown in the following snapshot.
- Navigate to "My Documents". Refer to the snapshot below.
- Copy and paste the files (downloaded in Step A) to the folder "My Documents".
- Unplug the USB cable.
Step C: Install the Java application (.jar file) on the Pocket PC.
After the file (e.g. UKJV.jar, KJV.jar) has been copied on the Pocket PC. You are now ready to install the Java application.
The following is the video that shows you how to do install the Go Bible on the Pocket PC.
- At the Pocket PC, go to "File Manager".
- Navigate to the "My Documents" folder that contains the file (e.g. UKJV.jar)
- Tap on the the file (e.g. UKJV.jar) to install it.